Booking for the Landscape Institute’s Valuing Landscape Conference 2018 is now closed. However, you can still access some of the content on day 1 through the conference live stream, sponsored by ACO.
The morning (9am to 1.45pm) will be free to view, while access to the afternoon sessions (1.45 to 6pm) will be paid.
Join us on 6-7 September for two days of debate, discussion, bold thinking and creative ideas led by a world-class roster of UK and international speakers.
The greatest value of landscape is the way in which it connects people, place and nature. The LI, in partnership with IFLA Europe and the University of Greenwich Department of Landscape, is holding its 2018 conference on this crucial theme.
Day one of the conference – 6 September – is a day of high-level debate for leaders and practitioners in the fields of landscape architecture, digital, design, future trends and the topic of ‘valuing landscape’, looking at the impact on people, urban design and place making:
- Valuing the intangible: Frameworks for measuring the cultural, economic and societal benefits of landscape
- Wellbeing: How landscape infrastructure can reduce health inequality and improve lives
- Urban value and competitiveness: Local-level transformation, sustainable management and integrated approaches that ensure strong outcomes
- Innovation: Funding, partnerships and new ways of connecting stakeholders with landscape
- Leadership: Who we need, what we should do differently, and how we evolve to meet future needs
See the programme for day 1
Day two focuses on policy, planning and management, explored through a packed itinerary of workshops and experiential site visits. It is ideal for landscape managers, planners and public sector members, who will:
- hear about the latest in UK and EU environmental policy
- explore opportunities and implications for the profession following Brexit
- examine how the combined skills of science and management can unlock the value of protected natural spaces
- visit major regeneration sites in Greenwich and at Thamesmead, where host Peabody Trust is delivering a multi-billion pound, landscape-led development of 20,000 homes
See the programme for day 2
Why you should attend
On 6 and 7 September, some of the world’s foremost thinkers and speakers in the fields of landscape architecture, management and policy, planning, urban design and place making will be under one roof. #VLConf18 is the major networking, learning and knowledge sharing landscape event of the year.
- Identify how landscape interventions can deliver the greatest possible good for people, place and nature
- Voice the demands we must make of governments and policymakers worldwide
- Ask the questions – and deliver the answers – that put landscape at the forefront of positive global change
- Inform emergent environmental and planning policy across the world
Day 2 is split into two halves, each with two separate strands.
Across the day, delegates delegates can either:
- enjoy further keynotes and panel sessions, and take part in interactive policy workshops; or
- attend their choice of experiential site visits in key locations in East and South East London.
Upon booking your ticket for day 2, you will receive an email with instructions on how to select your choice of sessions. It is possible to mix and match between the morning and afternoon itineraries. But be aware, spaces on site visits are limited – so book early to avoid disappointment!