The LI is run by a dedicated team of staff and governed by a Board of Trustees, Advisory Council and several committees.
The Board of Trustees has legal responsibility for the LI, and its members are:
- 5 honorary officers (elected by LI members) including: President, Vice-President, Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Secretary and either the President Elect or Immediate Past President (in alternate years)
- 1 Non-Chartered (elected by the membership)
- Chair of each of the 3 Standing Committees (Education &Membership, Policy & Communications, and Technical)
- 4 Independent Trustees who are selected according to the skills needed
The Board meets 5 times a year. Find out who is on the current Board of Trustees
About the LI Advisory Council
The Council’s role is to represent members and to help set the LI’s strategic objectives. Council meets three times a year, and has up to 30 council members made up of:
- 5 honorary officers
- 3 Standing Committee Representatives (Education & Membership, Policy & Communications, Technical)
- 12 Branch Representatives
- 7 directly elected corporate members
- 2 directly elected Licenciate Representatives
- 1 directly elected Student Representative
- The Chair of the College of Fellows has also been co-opted to Council
About the LI Standing Committees
The 3 Standing Committees (Education & Membership, Policy & Communications, and Technical) advise on and help implement the main areas of the LI’s activity.
Each committee chair sits on the LI’s Board of Trustees, and each committee also has a representative on Council. Various subcommittees and working groups lead on specialist areas of work.
Access to LI Governance Documents
Members can access a range of governance documents, reports and other relevant papers in the members’ website.
If you are a member, you can check your branch details, update your membership details and much more.