The Landscape Institute encourage competence in digital practice among our members.
In 2013, we began promoting and facilitating the uptake of building information modeling (BIM). Work in this area has included:
- running introductory and masterclass events
- developing product data templates (PDTs)
- publishing newsletters
- developing a new book, BIM for Landscape
- preparing the Digital Plan of Works for Landscape
- engaging with partner organisations, such as the British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI)
- supporting the Digital Arboriculture Group and the #BIM4Arb initiative
- in 2019, hosting a cross-industry round-table event to assess the adoption of BIM and digital design and construction in landscape (meeting report available here)
The UK BIM Alliance
The LI is an affiliate of the UK BIM Alliance, a professional forum for institutions, trade associations, and other industry bodies that aims to make BIM adoption in the UK ‘business as usual’ – effecting a consistent and coordinated transformation and evolution across the built environment professions.
- PDT store
- Newsletter Archive
- TGN 01/13: Implications of BIM on PII
- TGN 02/13: Software Considerations
- TGN 03/13: BIM Implementation Plans
- TGN 04/13: BIM Execution Plans
The LI’s digital practice working group (formerly BIM working group) comprises several workstreams, which are taking forward activity under the headings: promotion and engagement; technology; spatial data; PDTs; and digital arboriculture.
For further content, please search the technical resources section.