If you are dissatisfied with the professional conduct of an LI member or dissatisfied with a service provided by the LI, please follow our guidance for making a complaint.
Complaints against LI members
- determine if there are grounds for making a complaint
- understand the steps to follow
- explain the process taken to reach a decision
If after having read the guidelines you feel that an LI member has behaved unprofessionally and decide that you do wish to make a complaint request a copy of the initial information pack and complaint form by emailing: Standards@landscapeinstitute.org.
Matters the LI can investigate
The LI only has powers to deal with breaches of the organisation’s By-Laws and Regulations by LI members.
It’s important you realise the LI only investigates matters relating to breaches of its rules or regulations. The LI does not resolve the complaint itself – that remains a matter between you and the member concerned. The LI cannot:
- deal with concerns or complaints about anyone who is not a member of the LI
- pay compensation or instruct a member to do so
- determine whether a member or firm has acted negligently (this is for the courts to decide)
- interfere with or become involved in court action against a member or firm
Complaints against the LI
We continually seek to improve on the standard of our services but recognise there may be occasions when things go wrong.
If you are dissatisfied with a service provided by the LI or wish to submit feedback please download the service-based complaint procedures.
How to make a complaint
To make a complaint you need to contact the LI’s Chief Executive or Honorary Secretary. You can do this by post (address is below) or email: Standards@landscapeinstitute.org
107 Gray’s Inn Road
London WC1X 8TZ