How can I reinstate my membership


    A returning LI member can reinstate a lapsed or cancelled membership by completing the reinstatement form. The requirements and guidance are contained within the form.

    • Reinstatement only applies to any assessed/corporate grades. (Fellow, Chartered, Licentiate, Academic, Academic Fellow)
    • To reinstate you will have been a lapsed member for up to four years.
    • You cannot apply for reinstatement if your membership has been lapsed for over four years, and in these circumstances, a new application must be made for LI membership.
    • You must complete the reinstatement form and return any supporting documents requested.
    • You must pay a reinstatement fee, this is payable with your membership fee once your application has been approved.