Join the winners and sponsors of the Landscape Institute’s 2020 Awards at a series of roundtable discussions debating the biggest questions and challenges facing the profession
The Landscape Institute’s 2020 Awards winners and sponsors will meet for a morning of roundtable discussions on Thursday 29 April 2021 to debate the biggest questions and challenges facing the profession. Join them to celebrate their success, help make changes for 2021, and discuss the future of landscape practice.
The morning of roundtable debates will consider how the winning projects exemplify how landscape can tackle global, local, and professional challenges. Discussions will last 30 minutes and will focus on each award winner’s category, with participants able to choose which they would like to join.
Winners featured at the event will include:
- Forth Valley Hospital and Larbert Woods, with RaeburnFarquharBowen (Winner: Building with Nature National Award 2020)
- Eastcote Town Centre Rain Gardens, with the Project Centre (Winner: Excellence in Flood and Water Management)
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, with the London Legacy Development Corporation (Winner: Excellence in Landscape and Parks Management)
- The Prince and Princess of Wales Hospice Glasgow, with erz Ltd (Winner: Excellence in Landscape Design)
- Thinking with my ears: Guidance on sound for Landscape Architects, with Newcastle University (winner: Landscape Innovation Award)
- And more!
Following the roundtables will be a session with the LI’s president, Jane Findlay, guest speakers and judges, exploring the last year’s Awards which were launched to celebrate the way in which landscape meets contemporary challenges including the climate and biodiversity crisis and health and wellbeing. A closing Q&A session will focus on the hints and tips for the 2021 Awards entrants, exploring best practice with the guest expert judges. It will cover how to make sure your work meets the specific criteria for your chosen category, and much more. You will have an opportunity to ask questions on 2021 Awards entries as well as get an insight on what made 2020 entrants successful.
There will also be a speed networking session during the event – a great opportunity to meet other landscape professionals and potential clients!
LI Awards 2020 sponsors
Hardscape – head sponsor
AG, BALI, Building with Nature, Firestarter, GreenBlue Urban, Green-tech Specifier, Ground Control, Historic England, Marshalls, McParland Finn, Peabody, Polypipe, Selux, Tillhill, Tobermore, Vestre, Wildflower Turf, Wood BlockX
Entries for the Landscape Institute 2021 Awards will open on 29 April 2021.