We are supporting a new programme, funded by the UK Government and delivered by RIBA, to build capacity in cities in a range of middle-income locations, including Brazil, Turkey, Nigeria, South Africa and South East Asia
The Landscape Institute (LI) is part of the UK Built Environment Advisory Group (UKBEAG). We are supporting a new programme, funded by the UK Government and delivered by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), to support capacity building in cities over the next 18 months. The programme will operate in a range of middle-income locations, including Brazil, Turkey, Nigeria, South Africa and South East Asia.
We are seeking to appoint an official LI representative to the Advisory Group, and are looking for expressions of interest from our members.
The role of UKBEAG members
The UKBEAG will draws together a wide range of expertise relevant to the new programme. It will offer support and advice to RIBA and the programme director throughout the duration of the programme, by:
- reviewing the overall strategic capacity development programme and methodology, and providing suggestions for refinement and improvement.
- supporting the detailed design of the programme, as it iterates.
- identifying pre-existing resources that the programme may deploy.
- identifying subject matter experts and city and country experts who may be able to contribute to the programme.
The group will meet up to six times every 3-4 months, with a small meeting fee available for participants. Interested? Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 16 October 2020 with a cover letter and CV outlining the skills that you would bring to the role.
Expert areas of interest to the programme and for our UKBEAG representative include:
- International working
- Landscape and sustainable development
- Landscape planning as a part of integrated and inclusive planning, including public spaces
- Creating liveable streets that support non-motorized transport
- Landscape resilience, e.g. water and flood management
- Understanding of UN Sustainable Development Goals, ethical and sustainable practice