Top-ranking CPD and special tours on offer at Eden Project
On Friday 8th November the CPD Day at the Eden Project will see experts and specialists speaking on a wide range of topics, including the key policy areas for landscape practitioners, the latest publications affecting their work and new developments in the materials and resources they use.
• LI President, Sue Illman, discussing sustainable urban drainage systems.
• Peter Wilder discussing how to integrate landscape into intelligent buildings.
• Peter Neal and Phil Askew, who both worked closely with the late John Hopkins on the Olympic Park, on the legacy of the project and the importance of having a landscape architect in the lead role.
• Speakers on three key LI publications – Housing and Landscape, Landscape Consultants Appointment and the Cabe Design Review – taking you through the key points and discussing implementation.
• A seminar on working with other professionals in the world of BIM
The CPD Day will be followed in the evening by the annual Jellicoe Lecture which this year is being given by Dominic Cole. Cole was the landscape architect for the Eden Project and the lecture will take place on site, providing an exciting opportunity for anybody who has not visited the project, or who wants to see it again, to listen to its designer speaking in situ.
On Saturday delegates from the CPD Day will get free access to the Eden Project (usually £23.50) and can take advantage of one of several tours being offered, including one taking a look ‘behind the scenes’ of the Eden site. An on-site group lunch, hosted by the South West Branch, is also being discussed.
For more information about the CPD Day and to book your place click here.
For more information about the Jellicoe Lecture click here.