LI and Garden Museum conclude ‘From Garden City to Green Cities’ exhibition run with an evening of talks on planning and maintaining green spaces
The LI and the 20th Century Society will help bring the Garden Museum’s exhibition to a close on Thursday 29 March with an evening of talks from landscape architects, architects and an historian that celebrate five visionary projects, which have achieved a balance between landscape and architecture, indoors and outdoors, and the green and the grey.
The event will ask what lessons can be learnt from not only the creation of these projects, but their on-going maintenance, at a time when the value of the planning is being questioned.
The evening will be chaired by Alastair McCapra, LI chief executive, and the confirmed list of speakers and topics, includes:
- Christopher Woodward on Georgian Bath
- Andrew Harland of LDA Design on Letchworth
- James Lord, restorer of the New Town at Stevenage
- Janet Jack, landscape architect of the Alexandra Road estate in Camden
- Jonathan Kendall of Fletcher Priest, architects of the Olympic 2012 Athletes Village
Tickets are £10 / £8 Museum Friends and members of the Landscape Institute
To book a place online, click here