This year’s FOLAR symposium unpacks landscape design, planning and management of state financed industry, spanning the post-war era to present day
FOLAR Annual Symposium – Landscape of State Financed Industry
Saturday 7 March, The MERL (Museum of English Rural Life) Redlands Road, Reading, RG1 5EX
This year’s FOLAR symposium unpacks landscape design, planning and management of state financed industry, spanning the post-war era to present day.
State owned industries have had an enormous impact on UK landscape and infrastructure, but the influence of these businesses has often gone unnoticed. However, this event will showcase that there is much to celebrate and many lessons to learn.
Chaired by LI President Elect Jane Findlay, the symposium’s billing of speakers exhibit an extraordinary range of knowledge of British infrastructure.
- Dr Alan Powers will report on landscapes of post-ware nationalised industries and the work of landscape architects within this period
- Dr Luca Csepely-Knorr will unpack electric landscapes and the CEGB
- Richard Flenley will present on the landscape legacy of coal
- Hal Moggridge will share his wealth of knowledge on reservoirs
- Helen Neve will report on the construction of the National Gas network
- Christoph Brintup will discuss transport project HS2
- Drs Luca Csepely-Knorr & Richard Brook will present on landscapes of post-war infrastructure, with focus on culture, amenity, heritage and industry
Spaces are limited to fifty seats, so delegates are advised to book early.