UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) has announced the shortlist for the design competition for the UK Pavilion at the forthcoming Milan Expo.
The eight multi-disciplinary teams progressing to the second stage of the competition include a team led by Grant Associates, which also includes Wilkinson Eyre, Seawater Greenhouse, Cornwall Food Foundation, Atelier One, Atelier Ten, Thomas Matthews, Sennep, Five Hate and Buro Four.
• AL_A, with The Nature Conservancy, The Future Laboratory, Exposure, Gross.max, Woodroffe Bassett, AKT II and Max Fordham;
• Allford Hall Monaghan Morris and Studio Myerscough, with Eckersley O’Callaghan, Atelier 10, Gillespies, Richard Greenwood and Scan Lab;
• Asif Khan, with Ralph Appelbaum Associates, Josh Schowald, AKT II, Atelier Ten, AECOM, iart, iLUKA, Dr Rachel Armstrong, Andrew Pimbly and The Skinny Bib;
• Barber & Osgerby, with Universal Design Studio, Imperial College, the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum, MAP, Gensler, Max Fordham, Arup, Lend Lease, Speirs and Major and B-Reel;
•David Kohn Architects, with Bompas & Parr, London Research Kitchen, Random International, Exploration Architecture, Max Fordham, Jane Wernick, Jonathan Cook Associated, Tristram Stuart/Feeding the 5000, Change performing arts, Nicola Twilley/Edible Geography and the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council.
• Paul Cocksedge Studio with GrowUP and Arup