Tickets are now on sale for this summer’s Student Landscape Institute Council Summer Conference
The conference runs from the 6–8 July and will feature a tour of the Sheffield Gold Route, an evening reception, a day of lectures and debate at Sheffield University and a design charrette at Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
Steve Cole, Education and Careers executive at the LI, said: “Participants will have the opportunity to meet leading practitioners and academics from across the world, learn about the latest global trends and develop their own unique design responses to one of the world’s leading art spaces in Yorkshire Sculpture Park.”
Speakers for the conference include:
- Eelco Hooftman, partner at Gross Max
- Pam Warhurst, project leader, Incredible Edible Todmordon
- Douglas Murphy, architecture correspondent, Icon Magazine, and author of The Architecture of Failure
- Nigel Thorne CMLI, PPLI, president, European Federation of Landscape Architects
- Jane Knight CMLI, Eden Project landscape architect, The Eden Project
- Paj Valley FLI, director of Cities and Urbanism, Atkins Ltd
- Dustin Benton, senior policy adviser, The Green Alliance
- Duncan Ecob CMLI, head of Urban Design and Masterplanning, Devereux Architects
- Dr Liz Lake FLI, director, Liz Lake Associates
- Professor Nigel Dunnett, Sheffield University and principal horticulture and planting design consultant at the London 2012 Olympic Games
Tickets for the full weekend cost £31.50 and include drinks on Friday evening, lunch on Saturday and transport to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park on the Sunday.