Fourteen practices, including some well-known landscape architects, have been appointed to a framework panel for London.
The panel is one of 14 categories within an architecture, design and urbanism panel set up by the Greater London Authority (GLA) and Transport for London (TfL). This joint GLA and TfL panel is open for use by the London Legacy Development Corporation, London boroughs, housing associations and other public-sector organisations involved with the built environment.
Public realm and landscape is lot 4 of the 14 categories. The members of the lot are:
5th Studio Ltd
Adams and Sutherland
Assemble Studio CIC
Burns + Nice
East Architecture Landscape Urban Design
J & L Gibbons
Kinnear Landscape Architects Ltd
Metropolitan Projects (CI Lon Met Uni)
We Made That LLP
Witherford Watson Mann Architects
‘The panel represents,’ says GLA, ‘ the best of experienced and up-and-coming talent that have recognised and proven achievements in relevant fields and that are able to work collaboratively with complex stakeholder groups, poised to make a real difference to the future of London. It will support delivery of the Mayor’s regeneration programmes as well as other public sector full and part-funded projects and initiatives’.
Panel members will normally be appointed following a mini-competition, but will be judged to have pre-qualified.
The 14 framework categories are:
1. Urban Strategies & Area Plans
3. Site Masterplanning & Development Feasibility
4. Public Realm & Landscape
5. Transport Architecture & Interchange Design
6. Underground, Rail & Specialist Infrastructure
7. Design Advice & Design Management
8. Environmental Design & Sustainability Advice
9. Community Engagement & Local Regeneration
10. Heritage & Conservation Advice
11. Graphic Design & Place-based Marketing
12. Interior Design & Space Planning (Commercial & retail)
13. Public Art Strategy Advice
14. Modelling & Visualisation.
The appointees will remain on the panel until February 2017.