The main revisions in the June 2018 edition are:
- the addition of 4 documents for the appointment of a CDM Principal Designer in accordance with the CDM Regulations 2015, and consequential revisions to the Guidance Note;
- S1 Services previously included both the pre 2013 work stages (A, B, C etc) as the first column and the RIBA Plan of Work 2013 work stages (0, 1, 2, etc) in the second column. The 2018 edition only includes the RIBA 2013 work stages; and
- updates and revisions (mostly minor) to all the LCA documents.
The principal aims of the documents are to:
- enable the consultant and the client to achieve a clear understanding of the services required by the client;
- define the conditions concerning the provision of those services; and
- set out the payment provisions relating to those services.
The 2018 edition comprises a suite of documents for the appointment of a Landscape Consultant that includes a Memorandum of Agreement, Conditions of Appointment, Scopes of Services and Fees for the services. Together, a set of these documents completed, amended as appropriate and signed will, along with any other attached documents, form the contract between the parties.
Similarly, there is a set of four documents for the appointment of an LI member as the CDM Principal Designer for a project, which can be used whether or not the LI member is the Landscape Consultant for the project.
Before using the Landscape Consultant’s Appointment it is recommended that members read the current Guidance Note to understand how to use the documents correctly.
The June 2018 edition of the documents for the Appointment of a Landscape Consultant comprises the following downloadable documents: