Any Chartered member of the LI may apply for Fellow membership either by:
- applying directly in their own right
- being nominated by 2 LI members (at least 1 FLI)
An application must be supported by two proposers (at least one of which must be an FLI) and applications can be submitted at any time for consideration by the Fellowship Admissions Board
Applicants or nominees must already be a Chartered Member of the LI.
To be eligible for election to Fellowship, members must show that they have had practical experience of, and responsibility for, important work in landscape architecture. In particular the LI looks for evidence of:
- professional expertise and performance, which should have been substantial and of outstanding quality;
- contribution to the Institute and the profession as a whole, which should also have been substantial;
- personal qualities and integrity, which should be outstanding.
Email your application to the Membership Team: email@example.com
The Member year starts on the 1st June to the 31st May
|Academic Fellow AFLI
Join the Conversation
- We regularly tweet news, events, and updates through @TalkLandscape
- On Talking Landscape, an online network for Landscape Institute members there are forums on technical issues, landscape architecture ideas, and Institute activities.
- You can subscribe to member-only email updates about events, industry news and LI policy, technical news and member initiatives.
- Landscape Journal is sent to members every quarter – you will automatically receive this as part of your membership.
- The LI publishes resources for landscape practitioners, clients, decision-makers, and professionals in the built and natural environment.
- Fellow Members, under the LI’s Charter, are entitled to use the post-nominals FLI.
- Academic Fellow Members, under the LI’s Charter, are entitled to use the post-nominals AFLI.
Enhance your learning with 25% off access to LI Campus
- LI Campus is our video platform, with a large library of educational content for landscape professionals. Catch up on CPD days, webinars and other events, from the convenience of your pc or tablet.
- All Fellow members get a 25% discount on purchases made on LI Campus during their membership
Have your say
- As a Fellow you have a voice in how the Institute is run – through voting at Annual General Meetings, Extraordinary General Meetings, and LI Elections, standing for elected positions and committee membership.
- The College of Fellows (CofF) comprises all Fellows of the Landscape Institute and this membership group is represented by the CofF Chair. The CofF acts as an expert knowledge group and the Chair acts as the main liaison with the Board and CEO, providing a consultative and advisory role aligned with the LIs plans and strategies
Use our Resources
- The Landscape Institute has documents on Green Infrastructure, Water, Housing, Public Health, and Liveability on the Policy pages.
- In the Technical pages, technical guidance is available on BIM, GLVIA, Plant Health, and Visualisation.
- In the Member’s only area are LI reports such as the annual Communications Survey, the Employment and Salary Survey, and governance papers.
- If you don’t already, find a role within the Landscape Institute that suits your levels of experience and availability. Find out how to get involved, and what type of role will suit you in Get Involved.
- The LI Ambassador for Landscape scheme is an exciting opportunity for you to inspire the next generation of landscape architects, and to demonstrate the creative and rewarding career options open to them. We are looking to all LI Members to champion the profession and help enthuse the next generation of landscape professionals.
- There are 12 regional branches of the LI across the UK, plus one for International members. You can join your local branch, as well as get updates on activities in other branches. Find out what’s going on in your area through the branches page.
Connect with the Industry
- Help encourage the next generation of landscape architects through the LI’s careers campaign #ChooseLandscape. There’s information on courses, funding, projects, job types and more.
- You can sign up for email alerts about new jobs as soon as they are advertised on our Jobs webpage. Or place an advert for recruitment.