Digital technology is transforming the landscape and placemaking profession. As well as the Building Information Modelling (BIM) revolution in construction, geospatial technologies such as geographic information systems (GIS), GPS, remote sensing and geofencing are changing the face of both the built and natural environment.
The next LI CPD day will be on Tuesday 16 October 2018 at thestudio, Hive building, in Manchester’s Northern Quarter.
- Join us for a day of interactive exhibitions, digital training, and learning and discussions with leading experts in LVIA, AR, VR, BIM, GIS, gamification, social media and more
- Hear from futurist Tom Cheesewright about tomorrow’s world of space, place and technology
- Choose from 16 individual expert-led sessions
Network with fellow professionals, engage in our interactive exhibits and immersive plenaries, and develop your skills and knowledge in this crucial area of practice.
- Augmented and virtual reality
- Digital placemaking
- Smart cities
- Immersive technology
- Gamification of landscape architecture
- Revolutionise designs using emerging technology
- Expand your knowledge of the digital future of your profession
- Exchange ideas, case studies and research with fellow landscape professionals
- Explore new practices, new thinking and new contacts
- Learn smarter and most innovative ways to use emerging and immersive technology
- Deliver better services through technology and data
- Discover how the Internet of Things can solve urban challenges by re-imagining city spaces
- Practical advice, inspiration and real-life examples from the leading authorities in digital practice
- Structured learning that may contribute towards your annual CPD requirements
Thank you to our sponsors
Live stream sponsor
About CPD days
Continuing professional development, or CPD, is a crucial aspect of professional body membership.
The LI asks all our corporate members to complete a minimum of 25 hours’ CPD activity per year. This is to help members uphold the highest standards of professional competence and knowledge.
To this end, the LI will run a full programme of CPD and specialist events from autumn 2018 and throughout 2019. A core element of all these events will be an inclusive interactive learning session delivered by a specialist in the field of study. (For members who can’t attend a CPD day in person, we will also live stream a selection of sessions on the day.)
LI CPD days are an excellent and affordable way for LI members and landscape-related professionals to develop their professional knowledge and expertise. The cost of attendance includes lunch, refreshments and networking opportunities.
|Event date and time|
Tuesday 16 October 2018, 9-5pm