Registration is now open for Landscape50, a landmark international conference that brings together leading thinkers and practitioners from around the world to set out a bold future vision for landscape practice. This event presents a unique opportunity to hear from global leaders at the forefront of the discipline.
Landscape50 features nine speakers that represent the multi-disciplinary nature of landscape, and who have been responsible for shaping the agenda in their own fields of practice and research. A series of thought-provoking presentations will show how landscape should be at the core of addressing major global challenges such as climate change, population shift, and increasing urbanisation.
Landscape50 celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the Department of Landscape at the University of Sheffield, the first independent school of landscape to be established in the UK, and now one of the leading landscape research and teaching units in the world.
- Julian Agyeman – Professor of Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning at Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts, and originator of the concept of ‘just sustainability’
- Stig Andersson – founder of SLA Architects
- Ceylan Belek and Matthew Short – Associate Directors at Martha Schwartz Partners
- Teresa Moller – owner of the Chilean landscape practice Teresa Moller Landscape Studio
- Joan Nassauer – Professor in the School for Environment and Sustainability at the University of Michigan
- Thomas Rainer – Leading voice in ecological landscape design, landscape architect, teacher and author
- Mohan Rao – Principal designer of the leading multi-disciplinary consultancy practice, Integrated Design (INDÉ)
- David Sim – Creative Director at Gehl, renowned as an inspiring educator and lecturer
- Richard Weller – Chair of Urbanism and Landscape Architecture at the University of Pennsylvania
|Event date and time|
Wednesday 21 March 2018
Sheffield City Hall, Barker's Pool, Sheffield S1 2JA