Human skills are an intrinsic factor for professional and personal success. But despite this, they are often overlooked in continuing professional development.
Join us at thestudio in Birmingham on 9 October 2019 to build on these much-needed talents in 21st-century practice.
- Hear from experts from all facets of industry
- Develop the skills you need to influence decisions, actions and behaviours
- Learn how to build and promote your personal brand
Through sector-wide research and ongoing engagement with members and firms, the LI has seen people skills flagged time and time again as a competency area in need of serious attention. We’ve created this #LICPD day to give a crucial skills-boost to everyone, in all disciplines and at all levels of seniority.
Whatever your role, this day has something for you:
- For leaders: A wealth of rich content focusing on leadership, influencing and team building.
- For practitioners: A day packed with sessions on community engagement, relationship management, reputation building and more.
- Understand the human element of effective leadership: tackle inequality and bias through targeted initiatives, learn the keys of organisational wellbeing, and implement effective team working
- Meet the MINDSPACE model of influencing, and learn how to bring about positive behavioural and political change
- Understand the different universal influencers of behaviour and identify and avoid ethical issues
- Master the art of participatory engagement: empower local people to transform their environment, turning community ideas into fundable propositions
- Deliver powerful human-centred marketing: systematic, evidence-based strategies to identify your clients’ needs, handle conflicts, stand out from the competition and retain customer loyalty
- Build a personal branding toolkit to maximise your reputation, sharpen your image and attract the right networks
- Network like a pro: Harness the power of face-to-face and social media networking to generate the opportunities that will take your career to the next level
- Learn about top-tier stakeholder engagement planning: analysis, objective-setting, methodology and assessment
Thank you to our sponsors
|Event date and time||
Wednesday 9 October 2019, 9.00am