In 2014, the LI President’s Award went to LDA Design Consulting LLP for the Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon. You can find out more about this winning project in our feature on Celebrating the President’s Award.
LI awards categories
Below is a list of the other winning projects from 2014, plus the winners from each year back to 2006.
Adding Value Through Landscape
- Winner: Maida Hill Market, London. Landscape Architect: Gillespies.
- Highly Commended: Columbia Road Discovery Park, Sunderland. Landscape Architect: Sunderland City Council.
- Highly Commended: The Landscape Strategy Team: Hampshire City Council. Landscape Architect: Hampshire City Council Property Services.
Communications and Presentation
- Winner: South Pennines Watershed Landscape Project. Landscape Architect: South Pennines Local Nature Partnership.
Small Scale Private
- Highly Commended: Vermillion, Rathbone Market. Landscape Architect: Churchman Landscape Architects.
Small Scale Public
- Winner: Tumbling Bay Playground, Queen Elizabeth II Olympic Park, London. Landscape Architect: LUC.
- Highly Commended: Liverpool Central Library. Landscape Architect: Austin-Smith Lord.
Medium Scale Public
- Winner: Eastside City Park, Birmingham. Landscape Architect: Patel Taylor.
- Highly Commended: City Park, Bradford. Landscape Architect: Gillespies.
- Highly Commended: Lon Gwyrfai, Multi Use Path Landscape Architect: Harrison Design Development Ltd.
Medium Scale Private
- Highly Commended: London South Bank University Student Centre Public Realm, London. Landscape Architect: B|D landscape architects.
- Highly Commended: Battersea Power Station Pavilion and Pop-Up, London. Landscape Architect: LDA Design Consulting LLP.
Large Scale Public
- Highly Commended: Burgess Park Regeneration, London. Landscape Architect: LDA Design Consulting LLP.
- Highly Commended: Wandle Park, Croydon. Landscape Architect: Croydon Council.
Heritage and Conservation
- Highly Commended: The Restoration of Brockwell Park, London. Landscape Architect: LU.
Policy and Research
- Winner: A Comprehensive Street Tree Management Plan for Hong Kong. Landscape Architect: Urbis.
- Highly Commended: Environmental Stewardship & Historical Parkland. Landscape Architect: Cookson & Tickner.
- Highly Commended: Monitoring the Effects of Environmental Stewardship on Landscape Character and Quality, and Developing Indicators and Thresholds for Monitoring the Landscape Impacts of Environmental Stewardship. Landscape Architect: LUC.
- Highly Commended: The State of UK Public Parks 2014. Landscape Architect: Peter Neal Consulting Ltd.
- Winner: Church Street and Paddington Green Infrastructure and Public Health Plan. Landscape Architect: Grant Associates.
Strategic Landscape Planning
- Winner: Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon. Landscape Architect: LDA Design Consulting LLP.
- Highly Commended: Seascape Assessment for the South Marine Plan Areas. Landscape Architect: LUC.
- Winner: Jacqui Jobbins, ‘A new ethical design process’.
- Highly Commended: David Hammett, Vanessa Powell, and Lauri Mikkola.
- Winner: Paloma Stott.
- Highly commended: Freddie Egan.
Urban Design and Masterplanning
- Highly Commended: Canal Park Design Guide. Landscape Architect: J & L Gibbons LLP.
- Highly Commended: Masterplan for East Village, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Landscape Architect: Broadway Malyan.
Fellows’ Award for Climate Change Adaptation
Winner: Adapting to Climate Change: Launching the debate in the Lower Ouse Valley Landscape Architect: LDA Design Consulting LLP.