Allies and Morrison & Porphyrios Associates’ design for King’s Cross, developed with Townshend Landscape Architects, is among the shortlisted projects in the masterplans and area strategies category. Photograph: Argent
click image to view gallery
Several landscape architecture practices feature in the shortlist of more than 140 projects selected out of hundreds submitted for the New London Awards 2014, which seek to ‘recognise the very best in architecture, planning and development in the capital’.
The winners will be announced at London’s Guildhall on 9 July.
Shortlisted projects in the masterplans and area strategies category are:
- HawkinsBrown and Mæ, and Grant Associates for LB Camden’s Agar Grove Estate Regeneration;
- Allies and Morrison Urban Practitioners for LB Lambeth’s Brixton Supplementary Planning Document and Future Brixton Regeneration Strategy;
- Maccreanor Lavington, David Chipperfield Architects, Claus en Kaan Architecten, Vogt Landscape Architects for Sellar Design + Development’s scheme for Canada Water;
- Farrells for Capco’s Earls Court Village;
- Make, for Lend Lease’s Elephant Park Masterplan, SE17;
- Allies and Morrison & Porphyrios Associates for King’s Cross Central Limited Partnership’s King’s Cross; - Lynch Architects for HR’s Mercer’s Yard & National Youth Theatre Masterplan, N7;
- EPR Architects for Delancey/Minerva Group’s Ram Brewery Regeneration Project in SW18;
- EllisMiller Architects for Lirastar’s Shoreditch Village;
- Allies and Morrison, Maccreanor Lavington & Glenn Howells Architects for Barratt London’s St Andrews scheme in E3;
- Arup, Landolt+Brown, 00:/Architecture & S333 Architects for LB Haringey & GLA’s Tottenham Physical Development Framework;
- Allies and Morrison for Canary Wharf Group’s Wood Wharf.
The shortlist for the public spaces category comprises:
- BDP for Grosvenor’s Brown Hart Gardens;
- J & L Gibbons with Muf Architecture/Art,
- East, Meadowcroft Griffin for LLDC’s Canal Park Design Guide and Implementation plan, E20:
- Bell Phillips Architects for Argent’s Gasholder No.8, N1;
- CZWG Architects, Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands, Townsends, Gillespies, Fabrik & Bell Fisher for Berkeley East Thames’ Kidbrooke Village, SE3;
- Peter Beard Landroom for LB Havering, GLA & LDA’s Rainham Marshes/Rainham to the River scheme; - LB Newham in cooperation with the London’s Royal Docks Management Authority for Royal Victoria Beach, E16;
- Gillespies for the City of London Corporation’s St Helen’s Square, EC3;
- Erect architecture & LUC for LLDC’s Tumbling Bay Play and Timber Lodge, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, E20;
- Croydon Council, LDA Design, Annabel Downs with Robinson Design, and Erect Architecture for LB Croydon’s Wandle Park;
- Gustafson Porter for RB Greenwich’s Woolwich Squares, SE18.
to download a booking form for the NLA Annual Lunch, where the winners will be announced, and which takes place at The Guildhall on Wednesday 9 July.